Legacy Family and Friends!
Hope all of you have an amazing summer.
Our school office will be open beginning Tuesday, August 3rd. Our secretaries will be available to answer any questions and do registration from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
There are some fun exciting things happening this summer for all of you to get to know our new Principal Angie Evans a little better. She has planned a few things for the students to do with her.
Come on August 2nd from 7:00-8:00 to have “Popsicles with the Principal”
Log on to our Facebook page and listen to Mrs. Evans read a bedtime story live on August 11th at 7:00pm
- Wednesday, August 11th from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. will be our Back to School Open House. Please come meet the teachers, find your child’s classroom and get information regarding the new school year. We will have computers available for you to fill out the free/reduced lunch form.
- Thursday, August 12th is the first day of school. Our first bell rings at 8:55 a.m. If your child is having breakfast at school, it starts at 8:30 a.m. School will be a full day. Students will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 13th students will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 16th – Friday August 20th we will be doing Diagnostic Testing for grades 1 – 5. A sign up will be sent out later so you can sign up for a time for your child to come back for his/her testing. No Kindergarten this week. School will be dismissed every day at 12:00 p.m. Lunch will be served.
- Thursday, August 12th – Thursday, August 19th will be Kindergarten Testing.
- Friday, August 20th is the kindergarten Open House.
- Monday, August 23th will be the first day of Kindergarten.
We have a new Friday schedule. School will dismiss at 12:00 p.m. every Friday for every student. Students will be served lunch during the school day.
*New student registration for the 2021-2022 school year will open on Monday, March 1st. Please fill out the online registration form before contacting your school to schedule an appointment to complete the registration process.
* The pink immunization cards can be printed off the Utah Department of Health website at the following link: https://immunize.utah.gov/order-educational-materials/
* Parents with students going into preschool in their building, you will need to complete the registration process at one of the main preschool sites. For more information on preschool, there is a flyer posted on the front doors of the school.
The Washington County Library is hosting an Un-Bound 2021 Upcycled Book Art Contest. Go to: library.washco.utah.gov for contest rules and entry forms
New Principal coming to Legacy Elementary fall 2021
Angie Evans was born in Provo, Utah. Her family moved to Ivins, Utah when she was five years old. She attended Santa Clara Elementary from 1st – 5th grades. She attended Woodward for 6th grade then Dixie Middle and High School. After graduation, she married James Evans. They have 3 children, Kenna (23), Trystan (21) and Monte (18) and a bonus daughter, Hart Baresco (22).
Angie attended Dixie State University where she graduated with her Bachelor Degree. Later she attended Southern Utah University and earned her Masters Degree and later her administrative endorsement. She loves learning and has completed many District endorsements. Angie started her teaching career in 2006 as a SEE student at Red Mountain Elementary. She taught 1st grade and 4th grade there and has been the learning coach for the past 6 years.
When Angie is not at school, she loves baking, hiking, jogging,
exercising, watching movies and most of all getting lost in a good book. Angie loves working with students and teachers and she is excited to join the Legacy family.